Are your candles 100% Pure Beeswax? ...Or just 51% Pure?
Check the Label!
In the USA the current labeling laws require only that the beeswax be at least 51% pure in order to be labeled as "pure beeswax".
If you don't see "100% pure beeswax" on the package, your candles potentially have up to 49% of other "mystery waxes" blended in.
As for us, we stick to 100% Beeswax in our candles.
We use ONLY 100% Pure Beeswax
Our Commitment to Purity
This commitment to purity means that our candles will not smoke or release soot and other contaminants or poison gasses into the air like paraffin candles do.
Signs of Purity
Because our candles are made with 100% pure beeswax, over time they will bloom. Bloom is a whitish, snowflake looking film the develops over the pure beeswax. This is a sign of purity and is cherished by beeswax candle connoisseurs.
Beeswax candles that have been blended with other waxes are unable to develop bloom.
The Benefits of 100% Pure Beeswax Candles
The honeybee is one of natures most diligent creatures, tirelessly working to gather pollen and nectar to produce honey, which it stores inside of a wax comb. After the beekeepers harvest the honey from the hives, the wax combs are melted down, and thus we have 100% Pure Beeswax.
- 100% Pure Beeswax candles burn clean and do not release soot into the environment, keeping your air breathable and your home all the cleaner.
- They are naturally hypoallergenic and safe for people with allergies and respiratory sensitivities to be around.
- Beeswax candles are known to purify the air. This is because they release negative ions as they burn. This helps eliminate dust, pollen, mold, odor, toxins etc. from the atmosphere. In fact, some sufferers of asthma and other respiratory issues have actually sought out beeswax candles to help purify the air.
- Because beeswax is harder than paraffin, it burns longer and hotter. This hotter flame produces light that is the same spectrum as the sun. This pleasant and familiar light is why people find candle light so relaxing and calming.
- Beeswax candles produce a beautiful natural scent eliminating the need for any chemical additives!
Paraffin on the other hand...
... is a petroleum byproduct that has its source in crude oil. After crude oil is refined and different types of fuel are extracted from it (such as gasoline, butane, and others) there is a waxy residue left behind: Paraffin. This waxy substance is then bleached, and has hardeners added to it.
Burning paraffin candles not only produces soot (which can be hard to clean up!), but they also release toxic chemicals, such as benzene, toluene, naphthalene, tri-decane, tetra-decane, penta-decane, and hexadecane. This cocktail of chemicals is comparable to diesel exhaust.
Apart from that, many chemical scents and dyes are added to paraffin candles to “enhance the burning experience”. The chemicals released into the air from these scented candles have been known to cause skin and eye irritation to many.
Paraffin is a soft "wax", snd in spite of the hardeners added to it, it still burns 2-5 times faster than beeswax.
Your support makes a difference!
Try our 100% Pure Beeswax Candles
Our customers love our candles because of their purity and long burn time – as well as the prayerful care we put into making them for you.
All purchases support our Monastery, local apiaries, and honey farms in the USA!